Petopia - Colour PET demo for all models

If you want help with your PET, VIC, 128 or Plus4 programming, this is the place for you!

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

milasoft64
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Petopia - Colour PET demo for all models

Post by milasoft64 »

Petopia is a multiple page demo for the Commodore PET computer. It comes in versions for all models of PETs.

It also utilizes the Color PET if you have one but it will work on REGULAR PET models too.

Pressing space on pages 3 to 6 enables hold mode where the page won't advance. You can use this at computer shows, etc. to show off your PET. Pressing 'C' in addition to the space bar on the Matrix page, enables a time clock that will show the time.

This is set from TI$ which should be done before you run the demo.

There's a little 'tearing' on the chessboard page due to the vblank. This demo originated out of an attempt to create a smooth scroll. I was able to design a pixel by pixel scroller other than the block-version you've all seen but the performance is too poor to use in the demo.

Note that if you press Space to hold on a page, you can press Space again to resume the demo but still have to wait for the timer to finish. This may be somewhat confusing as to whether the page is in hold mode or not. :)

Files:

Petopia stock 2001 - For the 2001 PET with some pages removed to accomodate memory
Petopia 2001 RAM - For 2001 machines with over 8k.
Petopia c64 - The framework demo that I created first before porting to PET
Petopia 8k ROM4 - For 3008, 4008 machines with some pages removed to accomodate memory.
Petopia ROM4 - For 30xx and 40xx machines

Links:
https://webdrive.commodoregames.net/sav ... etopia.zip