Cottonwood BBS status update

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Cottonwood BBS status update

Post by wiskow »

Just wanted to let everyone here know what the current status is with my BBS. Due to line noise issues, I've had to take the BBS offline until I can get a newer modem with v.42 error correction. I bought a 2400 baud Hayes compatible modem with v.42 on eBay today, so it should be here in about a week. I'm also in negotiations for an RS-232 interface cable for my Commodore 64, but if anyone out there has one that they're not using, it'd help me out a lot if you wouldn't mind sending it to me. Anyway, as soon as my hardware gets updated and I can get the BBS back online, I'll post again to let everyone know. This is a work in progress, so I hope you'll all bear with me...

Oh, and since I have it down, I've decided to fiddle around with the Color 64 v7.37 BBS software, so that's most likely what I'll be running instead of Ivory when I get it back online. If anyone is interested in being a "beta tester" for me, please let me know privately by e-mailing me at [email protected] ...

Thanks again for your patience and understanding! :-)

-Andrew