Help with .D64 transfers

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

moparram

Post by moparram »

I personally use an older computer, a Pentium 233MMX with an X1541 cable hooked up to a 1571. Unfortunately this powerhouse computer is not hooked up to the internet, and I have to download from another computer on the 'Net and save to disk. I can then use the disk on the older computer to make 5.25 disks I can use for my SX-64. Kind of backwards, but it works. Oh, I use the Star Commander on the Windows 98 computer. You don't really need to know DOS commands to work it. In the beginning, this setup (actually with a 1541 drive) locked up quite a bit. However, with some tinkering, and going with a 1571, the transfer speeds are pretty decent. I'll bet a 1581 would work even better. This winter hobby is pretty low budget, this spring I have to get motivated to put the new (remanufactured) engine and trans in my IROC-Z. :wink: What can I say? I guess I'm stuck in 1985!!!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED