A Public Thank You to Trazan

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Thanks for the help. I am extremely busy also running a real IT company.

If you do not wish to moderate, I understand. I will be happy to remove you from that position.

Please confirm via email or this thread.
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

administrator wrote:Thanks for the help. I am extremely busy also running a real IT company.

If you do not wish to moderate, I understand. I will be happy to remove you from that position.

Just to repeat what I wrote to you via private e-mail, I'd gladly take over moderating all forums here, as I've been doing with the BBS forum. Just say the word. :-)

These forums are too good to be cluttered up with so much rubbish.

-Andrew
Trazan

Post by Trazan »

Im willing to help you - if you help us - by installing more Antispam features on the Forum.

(And I sent +10 mails already :)
administrator wrote:Thanks for the help. I am extremely busy also running a real IT company.

gklinger

Post by gklinger »

wiskow wrote:These forums are too good [...]
Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.
Call me Golan; my parents did.
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hi Guys!

ANDREW: Thanks for your kind offer. I have added you to the moderator list and I appreciate your efforts to date.

TRAZAN: I just reconfirmed that have not received any email from you. This is likely because you are using one of a very small number of ISP's who think we are running off a dynamic/residential IP address and as a result block mail. FYI, We are on a medium grade business link with static IPs.

I remove 50+ spam a-holes per week and would, as much as you, love to reduce that number.

I constantly look for updates to phpBB and underlying technolgy to improve the situation and have talked about the spam/flamer problem with other phpBB hosts. Nothing to date has been tremendously effective.

To set the record straight, we do have a substantial IP and email address black list which I just expanded again. The new address' block entire root domains.

Further, I have just changed the registration process which I think will cause most of the registration 'bots' to fail. For obvious reasons, I do not want to explain this any further in the public forum, but I will be happy to do so if you want more information. Just mention it in this forum and I will SEND YOU an email.

I also have one more way to definately block these idiots and if my changes to date do not improve the circumstance, I will invoke it. Again, I do not want to explain the concept in this public forum.

Thanks for all your help to date. If you want to give it another try, let me know. I will leave you as moderator for now but do not hesitate to have me remove that function in the future.
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Hi Guys;

I just added viewtopic.php?t=1052 which I am 95% sure will stop these a-holes.
wiskow
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by wiskow »

administrator wrote:Hi Guys;

I just added viewtopic.php?t=1052 which I am 95% sure will stop these a-holes.
Sometimes a simple solution is the best... ;-)

BTW... Thanks for adding me as a moderator... I'll do my best to keep this forum running smoothly. :-)

-Andrew
administrator
Site Admin

Post by administrator »

Thanks. It looks like that security change has eliminated 100% of the problems for the last week.