VIC20 Denial website

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Personable85

VIC20 Denial website

Post by Personable85 »

Does anyone know how to contact the admin of the VIC20 Denial website? I've been trying to buy the VIC20 Mega-Cart, but the site has not sent me the necessary shipping invoice to complete the sale. I sent a follow up email to the admin, but have received no reply. I've also submitted a request for access to the Denial Form, but I have received no reply so I can't post on the site. I know the Denial website handles the Mega-Cart sales. Any aid in helping me to contact the admin at Denial and resolve these issues is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Mark
Seagull
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: VIC20 Denial website

Post by Seagull »

The Denial website itself doesn't actually have anything to do with the production or sales of the Mega-Cart. It's a hobby project by one of the members, solely on his own. The cart can be ordered through http://www.mega-cart.com, but be prepared for a wait for confirmation of the order, and an even longer wait for you to actually receive a Mega-Cart. Last I heard, the turn around time is close to 1 Year.

As for accessing Denial, if you do the normal request to join through here: [url]www.http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web ... e=register[/url], then there shouldn't be much of a wait at all for access to be granted.
Personable85

Post by Personable85 »

Thank you for the reply. That answered a lot of questions I could find no answers for. I did order through the Mega-Cart.com website. The site itself states that the shipping invoice will be sent within an hour of placing the order. If there is a one year backorder for the Mega-Cart, why not say so on the webpage? As a consumer, I'm left in the dark. I'm amazed to think that there can be such a demand for a VIC20 multi cartridge. Does anyone know how many cartridges have been sold and how many are on backorder?

I went through normal channels to register for access to the Denial Forum. I'll certainly give this new information a try.

Thank you again for all the help.

Mark
Personable85

Post by Personable85 »

I went back and reviewed the Mega-Cart.com website. There is mention of a 10-12 week waiting period due to backorders. I must have missed it in my haste to order. I hope I won't have to wait a year. Thanks again for your help.

Mark
Seagull
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Post by Seagull »

It took quite a while for me to get an invoice, and I'm still waiting for word on a finished product...at least 6 months now. When you do get registered on the Denial site, just do a search for the Mega-cart thread, and you'll see what I mean about the extended wait time, from other members. I noticed the 10-12 week turn around time to, but since I know better than to believe that time estimate, I just found it a bit amusing. Also, not really sure how many have actually been made, as I don't think there's an owners list anywhere.

From what I've read, it's really worth the wait, so, I'm being as relaxed as possible about it :wink:

Hope you get a response soon, and get on the Denial forums as well. It's a great site, as is this one, and lots of help and information available!
Personable85

Post by Personable85 »

Thanks again for all your help! I'll wait patiently for my new Mega-Cart.