Music on Loadstar Compleat?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Larry44
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Music on Loadstar Compleat?

Post by Larry44 »

I purchased the Loadstar Compleat several years ago and am mainly interested in the SID music. But after several years, I have forgotten how to play the included Music (D64, D81) images. All the SID Players that I've tried "cannot identify file type" for the SID music on those disk images. Can anyone provide some suggestions? Thanks!
DavidB
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: Music on Loadstar Compleat?

Post by DavidB »

Hey Larry! I'm assuming that you're referring to the disk images in the Music folder on the Loadstar Compleat CD. The way I listen to the SID collection is like this:

1) First, make sure you rename the disk images from .d64 to .d81. They are not 1541 disk images and I think Fender accidentally named them as .d41s.
2) In VICE, change the floppy disk emulation of disk drive 8 as 1581, then mount the disk image.
3) Load "!",8,1
4) Once the program is loaded, choose to run the Music Player and then you should be able to select the SID files you wish to play.

Hope this helps!
David.
My favorite Commodore: C128
Latest Review: Free Base for the C128