Please help me remember the title of this game

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

AeronPeryton
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Please help me remember the title of this game

Post by AeronPeryton »

I'm spending way too much time trying to think of the title of an old game that claimed many hours of my childhood. Maybe you guys can figure it out for me.

You are a guy in a biohazard suit, walking from empty room to empty room, I don't remember the objective of the game I was too young to understand it anyways, you had to watch out for radiation... too much and you couldn't walk straight anymore. When you got too irradiated you had to fallback to the start of the maze of rooms with another guy. Maybe you were a robot. Occasionally, you would find some mutant monster/alien that would try and attack you. Sometimes you would find a row of old tape drives whirring away. Sometimes the room would be nothing but a giant hole you had to walk around. What I remember most about this game was that apart from SFX, there was little or no sound, no music. There was also a gameplay timer (this was the first game I ever spent hours at a time playing and I remember a seven-hour session recorded by this counter).

Other things I remember are the title screen which featured a closeup of your character in his/her/its bio suit. There's also an elevator system that moves you between floors in the game. During the elevator trip you see your dude in his suit, just standing there waiting.

Anybody remember this?
Rimfire

Re: Please help me remember the title of this game

Post by Rimfire »

i remember the game your mentioning....forgot the name of it but
it was arcade..i didnt find it that much fun...
might even have it somewhere...
got 300 disk i dont use much..19 disk downloads off the bbs that used to be up...a ton of arcade games i dont find fun but keep....thats why i wasnted to see if any one wanted to swap disk...
want new demos...games...demos made after 1985.
googov

Post by googov »

I think you are talking about Countdown to Shutdown (I've also seen it called Countdown to Meltdown). I spent quite a while playing that one!

Do I win? :)
AeronPeryton

Post by AeronPeryton »

googov wrote:I think you are talking about Countdown to Shutdown (I've also seen it called Countdown to Meltdown). I spent quite a while playing that one!

Do I win? :)
I Love you! :D
googov

Post by googov »

Awesome! Hmmm... now I feel like playing it. 8)