Commodore Colt info from Microsoft

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

moparram

Commodore Colt info from Microsoft

Post by moparram »

Commodore Colt Limited to 112 Files in a Directory
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 44239
Last Review : November 21, 2006
Revision : 1.2
This article was previously published under Q44239
SUMMARY
It has been reported that on the Commodore Colt IBM-compatible computer, a disk can have a maximum of 112 files in any directory. On most machines, 255 files are normally allowed in the root directory, and the number allowed in a subdirectory is only limited by available disk space.

This limitation can result in error 67, "Too many files."

This information applies to QuickBasic Versions 2.00, 2.01, 3.00, 4.00, 4.00b, and 4.50, Microsoft Basic Compiler Versions 6.00 and 6.00b for MS-DOS and MS OS/2, and Microsoft Basic PDS Version 7.00 for MS-DOS and MS OS/2.

This is a problem in the ROM BIOS of the Commodore Colt computer and not a problem with QuickBasic. Contact Commodore Business Machines Customer Support at (215) 436-4200 for information regarding the availability of a correction. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a search of "Commodore Colt" and found this. I thought it was interesting.
This is what my 1985 Iroc-z SHOULD look like!