WTB - Complete 128D system

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Mervoid

WTB - Complete 128D system

Post by Mervoid »

Hey folks,

Does anyone here have, or know where I could get, a reasonably priced, complete, working or not 128D system in good cosmetic condition in or around Toronto (am willing to drive almost anywhere in southern Ontario to pick it up :)

I’m looking for one in good condition with no discolouration of the plastics for my personal collection and use. Aside from the 128D itself, I’d also like a 1902 monitor in similar condition, a 1351 mouse (or was it 1350?), a 1670 modem and a 1750 REU.

I've found very few of these systems in good condition on eBay et al., and the one's that I have bid on in the past, I've lost out on for one reason or another (mostly due to being sniped at the last possible second).

I do have one that's in poor cosmetic shape that I'm attempting to refurbish but this will be a long process.

Thanks much!
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

If you ever swing by Seattle you can take a look at my extra one. It is mint condition with original box. No manuals or styrofoam inserts though.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

Gambit: How much do you want for it?
Call me Golan; my parents did.
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

I am looking to get $153.85 for it. That represents the total I paid.

It has the original box in good shape, except on the inside flap someone wrote on it with black permanent marker, looks like a garage sale marking.

I actually still have the styrofoam for it, but it is in pieces, so you'd have to super glue it back together if you wanted me to save it.

The unit itself looks really nice. No fading, warranty label still intact, cords still wrapped (though unknown if original cords), RF box still wrapped, and serial number matches that on the box.

And just to be clear, this is not the European 128D model, it is the US 128D model, often called the 128DCR.
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

Actually the pictures of it are still up here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0063261675

It shows it cost $102 but there was also $48 shipping and another insurance charge. The total I paid was $153.85, just so nobody thinks I was trying to rip them off.

The only reason I bought it was because he was selling 2, and he screwed up and mixed up the boxes, so I had to buy the second one just to get matching serial numbers.

Also thats US dollars.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

I remember that story. What an ordeal you went through. The upside is that someone else is going to get a really nice 128D because of your efforts. One question though: Is there something written in magic marker on the front of the unit?
Call me Golan; my parents did.
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

I would have to visit the storage unit to be sure, but I dont think so.

The picture you see is from the one I kept, the ebay guy just used the same picture for both auctions. It had a #2 written on it, but it fairly easily came off.