I need a commodore computer!!!!!!!!

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

mjj4363

I need a commodore computer!!!!!!!!

Post by mjj4363 »

I everyone,
I am looking for a commodore 64 computer, disk drive, power supply and all cables to hook the system up to my tv and the system and cables need to be 100% WORKING if you have a complete system please post a price and details.

Michael
Commodore for ever.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

Since shipping of such a system could be expensive, it would be useful if you could tell us where you're located ("Find me if you can!" isn't very helpful.) I would be glad to ship you whatever you need to wherever you are provided you pay for the shipping but honestly, you could probably save a lot money by getting something locally. And don't go by the prices you see on eBay, they're insanely high. :(
Call me Golan; my parents did.
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

Sorry about that.
I am located in the United States, New Jersey
I know that eBay prices are very high, Last year someone on eBay listed a commodore 64 with a starting bid of $100 no cables etc.
Commodore for ever.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

New Jersey, got it. I'll ask around and see what I can find. Give me a day or two.
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

Thanks, I will not be back to New Jersey for about 4-5 weeks so time is not a problem. I will check back in a few days.

Michael
Commodore for ever.
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

gklinger, What is the most i should pay for a complete commodore 64? also i would pay the shipping so the item does not have to be located in New Jersey but needs to be located in the United States.

Michael
Commodore for ever.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

mjj4363 wrote:gklinger, What is the most i should pay for a complete commodore 64?
That's up to you but here in Toronto you can get a 64, two 1541 drives a 1702 monitor all the cables and a joystick or two for around $50 (and yes, everything works.) Toronto is a bit of a hotbed of Commodore activity so it might cost a bit more elsewhere. Personally, spending up to $100 for a system like that seems reasonable to me. Spending $150 on a 64 on eBay does not. :(
also i would pay the shipping so the item does not have to be located in New Jersey but needs to be located in the United States.
Or Canada. It would be cheaper to get something from Toronto to New Jersey than from California because of the distance.
rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Re: I need a commodore computer!!!!!!!!

Post by rbernardo »

mjj4363 wrote:I am looking for a commodore 64 computer, disk drive, power supply and all cables to hook the system up to my tv and the system and cables need to be 100% WORKING if you have a complete system please post a price and details.
C64 -- $5. 1541 -- $5. And that is including the p.s.. To connect to a t.v. via its composite input, you'd need an a/v cable for the Commdore -- $1 or $2.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

rbernardo wrote:
mjj4363 wrote:I am looking for a commodore 64 computer, disk drive, power supply and all cables to hook the system up to my tv and the system and cables need to be 100% WORKING if you have a complete system please post a price and details.
C64 -- $5. 1541 -- $5. And that is including the p.s.. To connect to a t.v. via its composite input, you'd need an a/v cable for the Commdore -- $1 or $2.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

Do you have any for sale now?

Michael
Commodore for ever.
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

Hi gklinger
I found a site http://www.tpug.ca and i contacted them about a package they have in their PDF where you get a commodore 64 with disk drive and monitor for $50.00 so i think i will go with them, They are going to contact me with the shipping prices etc.
Commodore for ever.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

TPUG, yes, I'm familiar with them. :)
mjj4363

Post by mjj4363 »

Got my system today :) :)
Everything is working I will play around with it this week (after school of course)
Commodore for ever.
gklinger

Post by gklinger »

That's great. Glad to hear everything worked out.
fuzzie

Post by fuzzie »

[quote="mjj4363"]I everyone,
I am looking for a commodore 64 computer, disk drive, power supply and all cables to hook the system up to my tv and the system and cables need to be 100% WORKING if you have a complete system please post a price and details.

Michael[/quote][quote]Hi Michael: If you haven't found a commodore 64 yet, do I Have a deal for you. You must be willing to come to Bristol, Ct for a free giveaway. I have 2 keyboards, 2 disk drives, tape drive, joy sticks, paddles, TV for a monitor, blank disks, programs with disks and instructions, about 4 yrs of Commodore magazine, many others including a star nx10 printerBlows fuses)and lots more. fuzzie[/quote]