Looking for Commodore SX-64 and Amiga 2000

If you want to buy or sell something Commodore... post it here for free.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

Arnuphis
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Looking for Commodore SX-64 and Amiga 2000

Post by Arnuphis »

Hello fellow Commodore devotees.

I am looking to purchase a working Amiga 2000. No battery damage, later revision board if possible and keyboard. Willing to pickup local (I am in Sacramento) or pay for shipping if not local. Ideally unit will have flicker fixer and CD-rom but prepared to accept a base unit as it's better than no Amiga! Been away from the scene for a while an am looking for a nice non-AGA machine to tinker with.

Also looking for a nice working SX-64

Let me know!

Thanks in advance.
Slowly taking over the house are my TRS-80 Model III, TRS-80 Model 4, Commodore 64 (Bread Box), 1541/1581 drives, Commodore SX-64, Commodore Pet 4032-12 (sick), TI-99/4a and PEB
rbernardo

Re: Looking for Commodore SX-64 and Amiga 2000

Post by rbernardo »

Arnuphis wrote:I am looking to purchase a working Amiga 2000. No battery damage, later revision board if possible and keyboard. Willing to pickup local (I am in Sacramento)...
You are in luck! The annual Amiwest Show is in Sacramento on Oct. 25-26, and the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club always has tables there, selling all kinds of classic Amiga stuff, including Amiga 2000's. There are always one to three there every year. For more information, go to

http://amiwest.net/
Also looking for a nice working SX-64
That is a bit harder to do. I will keep on the lookout for you.

Truly,
Arnuphis

Post by Arnuphis »

Thank you Robert! I was thinking of popping along as it is just down the road from me. I will definitely be in the market for an A2000 so keep me in mind! When do the sales normally happen? Is it on the swap meet Sunday or all weekend?

On a side note, I was thinking about joining up to the Fresno group since my big love is 8-bit Commodore. Even considering a drive down to Bobby Salazar's as well.
Slowly taking over the house are my TRS-80 Model III, TRS-80 Model 4, Commodore 64 (Bread Box), 1541/1581 drives, Commodore SX-64, Commodore Pet 4032-12 (sick), TI-99/4a and PEB
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

Arnuphis wrote:When do the sales normally happen? Is it on the swap meet Sunday or all weekend?
All weekend for the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club. The Sunday swap meet is for individuals who don't have a vending table at the show.
On a side note, I was thinking about joining up to the Fresno group since my big love is 8-bit Commodore. Even considering a drive down to Bobby Salazar's as well.
Oh, that would be a 3-hour drive to get to us in FCUG. I already do a 3-hour drive just to get to a SCCAN or TOGA meeting. :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://home.comcast.net/~togausergroup/index.html
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
Arnuphis

Post by Arnuphis »

Yes I looked at the directions but plan to a least drop in every now and then. Gives me an excuse to blow the cobwebs off the car since it normally only makes short commutes to work.

I was looking for the link online to pay for membership but didn't see one. Could you direct me please? Many thanks.

I secured a working SX-64 with tons of extras, including the dreaded MPS-803 printer(!). I had one of those back in the day when I had my Plus/4. I can remember my parents saying things to me like 'We are off to bed now Son. You are not going to print anything are you?" That thing was LOUD. I remember buying an add-on from a local computer club in Bristol, UK where I lived at the time that gave true descenders to the characters but it was still a beast. When I eventually got a Star LC-10 it was like night and day.

Still on the hunt for that A2000 but will be showing up at Amiwest to have a look.

I also have a Pet 4032-12 arriving soon that needs repair. It powers up with a chirp but there is nothing on screen. I am hoping that it is something simple like a blown fuse or capacitor/resistor. Fingers crossed. Even a dead CRT would be fine since I recently replaced one on my TRS-80 so I am feeling confident. Would love to get it up and working but that's a subject for another day once I get my hands on it and look it over.
rbernardo

Post by rbernardo »

Arnuphis wrote:I was looking for the link online to pay for membership but didn't see one. Could you direct me please?
We used to have a link at videocam.net.au but since that site went away, we lost that link. You can Paypal the $12 membership in cash to me or to our treasurer, Dick Estel. I can tell you more in private.
I secured a working SX-64 with tons of extras, including the dreaded MPS-803 printer(!). I had one of those back in the day when I had my Plus/4. I can remember my parents saying things to me like 'We are off to bed now Son. You are not going to print anything are you?" That thing was LOUD.
Heh, with the Commodore I used a daisywheel printer back in the day. That was loud, too.
I remember buying an add-on...
Oh, that must be the IC chip that you had to install in order to have descenders.
...from a local computer club in Bristol, UK...
I've never been to that part of England. Maybe I will go one day. Usually I hang around the Haywards Heath area, north of Brighton.
I also have a Pet 4032-12 arriving soon that needs repair. It powers up with a chirp but there is nothing on screen. I am hoping that it is something simple like a blown fuse or capacitor/resistor.
Good luck. Finding a person to repair a PET is very difficult. Even C= technician Ray Carlsen won't touch them.

Truly,
Arnuphis

Post by Arnuphis »

Yes it was an IC in the 803 with a switch I had to install on the back. It gave descenders and made the thing somewhat better but it was still a 'challenged' printer. Now I have another one with this SX-64. Going to be fun to hear that thing again.. well for 30 seconds maybe :)

Was good to meet you at Amiwest today Robert. Will definitely take you up on a couple of 128s. Let me know how we can make that happen. I have in my cupboard, a 1541-II, 1541 (hard wired as device 9) and a 1581, so I guess a couple of 1571s would be nice. Plan to give one of these to my friend as he has a yearning to play some goldbox AD&D games and I have fond memories of playing those on the C-64 back in the day, despite the disk swapping.