Commodore Clubs?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Sept. 20

Post by rbernardo »

Happy September, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, Sept. 20 at --

Bobby Salazar's Mexican Restaurant
2839 North Blackstone Ave. (corner of Blackstone and Michigan)
Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month we'll look at some choice clips from this year's Commodore Vegas Expo, and of course, we'll discuss next year's CommVEx, not forgetting about the October Amiwest Show. In our hardware and software presentations, we'll try out eight, previously unreleased System IIII games for the VIC-20. For the C128, we have the John Carlsen C128 VGA adapter, and a homebrew 80-column game, 128 Invaders. For the Plus/4, again we'll try running the artsy pictures from Botticelli Bilderdisk 40, and this time with a PAL Plus/4 instead of last month's NTSC Plus/4 (the NTSC Plus/4 failed to run the picture slideshow after the first two screens). The Amiga 1200 returns with its '060 processor running at 50 MHz, OS 3.9, 256 megs of Fast RAM, and 4 gig CompactFlash IDE drive.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
rbernardo

FCUG picnic lunch - Sunday, Oct. 11

Post by rbernardo »

Happy autumn, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its annual "picnic" lunch from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, Oct. 11 at --

Guri's Grubhouse & Taps
1713 E. Shaw Ave. (near Shaw and Cedar Avenues)
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 225-2902

For a map and menu, go to

http://www.gurisgrubhouse.com/

All members and their families are treated to this lunch, and the club pays for everything! Come and enjoy a relaxing time with us! Gifts will be given!

In lieu of our regular meeting,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Nov. 14

Post by rbernardo »

Happy almost-Thanksgiving, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Nov. 14, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

Discussion will center around the Amiwest Show held a few weeks ago and next year's Commodore Vegas Expo (never too early to talk about CommVEx!). If Mario can bring in his A1000 system, I'll bring the rest -- the Amiga 1200, the SX-64, the VIC-20, and the Plus/4, plus accompanying software.

For your software perusal, we'll have the entire Amiga disk library of hacker Jason Forster -- hundreds and hundreds of disks filled with intros, demos, original games created by him or his friends, cracked games, etc..

Bring anything else you wish to share!

Who wants to archive them into .adf's? ;)
Robert Bernardo
http://www.sccaners.org
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Nov. 15

Post by rbernardo »

Happy November, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, Nov. 15 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month FCUG celebrates its 34th anniversary with software, software, and software! For the VIC-20, we look at the games, Pulse, Popeye, Demons of Dex, and Break-out. For the C64, we look at the preview of the adventure, Athanor: The Awakening. For the Plus/4, we'll try out one game, Dork Dave and the Dirty Trick, and another game, Mr. Angry Dude. For the C128, it's the simulation, Monty Hall, and the alpha version of SAM 128 (Software Activated Mouth). For the classic Amiga, we'll take a peek at the massive disk collection from Jason Forster.

Since I will be visiting C= technician Ray Carlsen later in the month, you are invited to bring along any C= hardware that you need Ray to repair. I already have my list of C= items for him.

Truly,
alterus

Vic 64: The Commodore 64 Enthusiats of Greater Victoria

Post by alterus »

Hi everyone!

My first post here, and I'd like to let you all know about a new group we recently started up:

The Commodore 64 Enthusiasts of Greater Victoria, or VIC 64 for short.

The group has existed for sometime as a Facebook group, for around a couple years, but starting in May 2015 we began having actual meetups. The group meets every couple months, as well as some additional Commodore gaming setups at DJ nights around the city. Our Facebook group currently has 40 members and our meetups draw between 10 to 20 people.

Our next meetup is tomorrow, November 24, 2015, from 6-10pm, at 1911 Birch Street in Victoria, BC, Canada. Here is link to the Facebook event page:

and here is the link to the actual group page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/308217172577036/

If you are in Victoria, come on out! If you know someone in Victoria that would be interested, please let them know about us.

Thanks!
rbernardo

Re: Vic 64: The Commodore 64 Enthusiats of Greater Victoria

Post by rbernardo »

alterus wrote:The Commodore 64 Enthusiasts of Greater Victoria, or VIC 64 for short.

(snip)

If you are in Victoria, come on out!
That gives me another reason to visit Victoria! I haven't been to the city since 2009 when I went there to pick up an Educator 64. However, I won't be able to get to Victoria until next summer

Possibly,
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Dec. 20

Post by rbernardo »

Merry Christmas, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, Dec. 20 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month it's adventure gaming time! For the VIC-20, we look at the classic, The Lair. For the C64, we try out the newly-redone Ultima IV Remastered. For the Plus/4, we'll journey through the new Gate of Power. For the C128, it's the semi-classic Westfront to Apse. For the Amiga... well... can I dig out an adventure game in time? If not, we'll examine the Kickstart adapter kit for the Amiga 1000 and the 68040-to-68060 kit for the Amiga 4000.

Finally, for your viewing pleasure, we'll watch William Shatner in his pre-PET/VIC-20 days narrating the 1976 AT&T show, Microworld. Oooo, what computers could do at the time and what was predicted they would do in the future! ;)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

P.S. Last month, we ran the new C128 simulation program, Monty Hall. Now Robert "Hydrophilic" Willie has released his next version of Monty Hall, this time with graphics. Also, the newly-released beta version of BoulderDash 128 by Jason "Pyrofer" Wright has been released. We'll check both out.
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Jan. 9

Post by rbernardo »

Happy New Year, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, January 9, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

With the beginning of the new year, we talk about the events coming in 2016 -- the SC3 Arcade Party in the spring, Maker Faire 2016 in May, the Commodore Vegas Expo in July, and the revived Vintage Computer Festival in August, and the Amiwest Show in October.

For your software and hardware perusal, we'll have an unused (yes, I said unused), NOS Commodore SFD-1001 disk drive in its original box with original styrofoam, user reference guide, warranty card, and test/demo disk. For the Commodore 128, we'll try out SAM (Software Activated Mouth) 128 and perhaps three new CP/M games for the C128. For the classic Amiga (OCS/ECS), we'll look at new 2015 demos and music, and we'll examine the Gotek floppy disk adapter for the Amiga 500/1200. We'll have the usual equipment in tow - VIC-20, Plus/4, SX-64, C128, and this time the Amiga 500.

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Jan. 17

Post by rbernardo »

Happy New Year, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, Jan. 17 at --

Greg's house!
(for more details, send me an e-mail)

Yes, it's field trip time! For the first time ever, we will have a FCUG meeting far away from Fresno. For some of us, it will be a two-to-three hour drive. For our other members near Greg's place, it will be a relatively easy drive.

The attraction? Greg's home arcade and his computer room! The arcade is full of classic and newer electronic arcade machines. His computer room, still a work in progress, houses his Commodore 128 and Amiga 500 set-up's. He's a big-time gaming fan, and so, we'll concentrate on gaming. Just in case, I'll still bring a VIC-20, a Plus/4, and back-up Amigas. ;)

We'll meet at Greg's house, and if need be, we can go to the nearby Pizza Factory and eat there, or we can order and take the food to the house, so we can have more time for gaming.

Truly,
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Commodore Clubs?

Post by administrator »

Hi All;

Does anyone have a list of current Commodore Clubs? I am planning to finally get around to creating a list on this site and wanted to start with a base.
rbernardo

Re: Commodore Clubs?

Post by rbernardo »

Do you want the list to include Commodore and Amiga clubs?

Truly,
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Feb. 21

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Valentine's Day, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, Feb. 21 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month we have a variety of new and classic items to try out. In December we ran out of time for the new C128 simulation program, Monty Hall with graphics, designed by Robert "Hydrophilic" Willie, and in January we ran into technical difficulties for the latest version of SAM 128, also by Hydrophilic. This time they will be at the top of the presentation list, along with C128 Demo Maker. Then we look at new game, Slime 64, for the C64 and the newish Asteroids emulator for the C64. For the classic Amiga, we'll run the Trojan Lightpen with its Kwikdraw art package, and then we'll run the Megalosound 8-Bit Stereo Sampler (darn, it blows away the Sound Ultimate Xpander 6400 for the C64/128). :) For the Plus/4, we'll look at some of the "lost" games for the machine.

In hardware we'll examine the 4 MHz. RS65C02 CPU which replaces the 6502 chip in the VIC-20 and the SmartBasic.net Null Phone Adapter which allows you to connect two computers (e.g. Tandy 100 and Commodore 128) and allow them to communicate to each other via their respective term programs.

Finally, we'll use CBM-Command to make .D81 files from 1581 disks. All of this accompanied by the new C64 background chipmusic from "Disassembly Language: Ambient Music for Deprogramming", 8-Bit Weapon's latest album.

Is this too much or what?! :)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo

P.S. Be prepared to see some bits from the newly-released video documentary, "Growing the 8-Bit Generation", starring Jack Tramiel, Lenard Tramiel, Chuck Peddle, Bil Herd, Al Charpentier, Jeff Minter, Andy Finkel, and Steve Wozniak, among others.
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, March 5

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Spring-like weather, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, March 5, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

This month our topics of discussion include the Vintage Computer Festivalers' exhibit at the May 20-22 Bay Area Maker Faire 2016 and presentations at the July 30-31 Commodore Vegas Expo v12.

In software and hardware, we will try out the newish C64 game cartridge, Bomberland, which is enhanced on the C128, and other new games, like Slime 64 and the Asteroids emulator. For the Commodore 128, we'll delve into CP/M games. For the classic Amiga (OCS/ECS), we'll play around with the Megalosound 8-Bit Stereo Sampler and try to digitize some familiar tunes (and I won't forget to bring working speakers this time). If Mario brings in his A1000, we'll examine how it boots into OS 2.0/2.1 without the need of a Kickstart disk. We'll have the usual equipment, too - VIC-20, Plus/4, SX-64, C128, Amiga 500, and Amiga 1200.

Finally, we'll view part 1 of newly-released video documentary, "Growing the 8-Bit Generation", starring Jack Tramiel, Lenard Tramiel, Chuck Peddle, Bil Herd, Al Charpentier, Jeff Minter, Andy Finkel, and Steve Wozniak, among others.

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, March 13

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Spring, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, March 13 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

Be aware that this Sunday we move the clocks forward one hour for Daylight Savings Time. Thus, our 11 a.m. time is 11 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

This month is our "catch-up" meeting, that is, it's the meeting in which get to the software and/or hardware we did not get to in previous meetings. That's not to say that we don't have some new/newish items to go over. We'll have the new epsilon version of Robert Willie's SAM 128 to try out with the SuperCPU 128. Then for the C64, we'll have the RGCD.co.uk game cartridge, Bomberland, and the new Slime 64 Deluxe. Also, member Louis may have a presentation on his ZoomFloppy device for transferring disk images between a PC and a C= drive. For the classic Amiga, we'll have some homebrew games, demos, and simulations. For the VIC-20 and Plus/4 I'll have an update on how Ray Carlsen is modding those machines. We'll have an update on how we are going spread the word of Commodore at the March 18-20 Silicon Valley Comic Con in San Jose.

Once again our C64 background chipmusic comes from 8-Bit Weapon's latest album, "Disassembly Language: Ambient Music for Deprogramming". Once again we'll watch newly-released video documentary, "Growing the 8-Bit Generation" -- this time part 2.

Truly,
rbernardo

Bay Area Commodore Collective

Post by rbernardo »

The Bay Area Commodore Collective (BACC) is a San Francisco-based group devoted to Commodore gaming. BACC get-togethers happen on the last Saturday of the month, starting at 7 p.m. at

Round Table Pizza Restaurant
1285 Linda Mar Shopping Center
Pacifica, California 94044
Phone - (650) 355-0630

For more information, go to

http://www.meetup.com/sfbacc/

On Twitter @sfcommodoreclub
https://twitter.com/sfcommodoreclub

The way forward is BACC!