Commodore Clubs?

Welcome back to our Commodore Discussion forum. If you have a question, comment, problem, or just want to chat about Commodore, post it here for free.

Have some fun and talk to others interested in the Old and New Commodore world.

Moderators: wiskow, Trazan

rbernardo
Are you a real person?: No... I am a spambot, delete my account!

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Dec. 14

Post by rbernardo »

Merry Christmas, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, Dec. 14 at --

Bobby Salazar's Mexican Restaurant
2839 North Blackstone Ave. (corner of Blackstone and Michigan)
Fresno, California

As was the case at last month's meeting, we have too much Commodore this month! First up is the brand new, C64/128 Kerberos MIDI cartridge from Frank Buss of Germany. We'll try out some of its features, including its EasyFlash implementation. For the VIC-20, we'll try another new 2014 game, Super Starship Space Attack, from Misfit. For the Plus/4, we'll dissect Peter Hanson's severely-modded PAL Plus/4 (What?! 256K RAM?! Chips stacked on top of chips?! OS 92.3?!) For the Amiga 500/600/1200, we'll open up Ray Carlsen's new Amiga power supply, and afterwards, connect it to an Amiga 1200 with Blizzard '060, 64 megs of RAM, and OS 3.9.

All of the above computers will go through the Ray Carlsen-repaired Sony GVM-1311Q multiscan monitor!

FCUG celebrating 33 years!
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Jan. 10

Post by rbernardo »

Happy New Year, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Jan. 10, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

Having received confirmation that it just shipped today, I doubt that the Amiga OS Final Edition and the C64 Forever 2014 package will arrive in time from AmigaKit. Therefore, we will carry on with a refurbished A1200 with OS 3.9 and Blizzard '060 with 256 megs of Fast RAM. I'll also bring in C64 game software donated from a Fresno Commodore User Group member. Naturally, for us to try out that C64 software, the SX-64 will be hauled to the meeting along with the new AmigaKit Arcade Evolution joystick.

Bring anything else you wish to share!

Speaking for SCCAN,
Robert Bernardo
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
mhtsoos
Location: Athens,Egaleo 12242,bryoylon 43 Greece 00306992500128 phone number

Amiga Club Greece

Post by mhtsoos »

Hello C- People when i was nine my father bought me a commodore c128 and i was playing good games on that right after a year he bought me a commodore pc
very powerfull and forcefull creature...i used to had dos 3.0 from commodre and in c128 i played with the word programe with the turtle
my father died when i was 12 and ever since it was a trayma for me i loved him and you loved me back so much
he was a truck driver and he got a heart stroke at the healm while he was driving over france
nowdays i am studing copmuter science web devoloping and crafting at a public second grade school
fortunally it is free and not to pay anything
this company accompanied me of my early years of life...i hope it is going to stand at her feet again and make new computers but it is up to us to make them stand
thank you very much
wherever i travel in the galaxy when i die i shall always tell about commodore and the truth on Dos
thank you all very much and happy new year
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Jan. 18

Post by rbernardo »

Happy New Year, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, Jan. 18 at --

Fresno, California

Barring any monitor problems like we had last month, we'll retry Misfit's Super Starship Space Attack for the VIC-20. For the Plus/4, we'll have the serious SVS-Calc 2.5 spreadsheet program and the fun Xplode Man game (a Bomberman clone). On the C64 side, we will look at the Cloanto's newest C64 Forever 2014 CD for the PC. On the Amiga side, we'll have an Amiga 1200 with Blizzard '060, 256 megs of Fast RAM, OS 3.9, and 4 gig CompactFlash drive with a variety of programs installed.

All of this while we listen to the chiptune music of the Ovoids: Fate of the Country.

Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Feb. 15

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Valentine's Day, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, Feb. 15 at --

Fresno, California

This month we have the "catch-up" meeting, that is, we catch up on the VIC-20, C64, Plus/4, C128, and Amiga hardware and software that we have not reviewed in previous meetings due to lack of time. Let's see how much we can accomplish!

Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, March 14

Post by rbernardo »

Happy springtime, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, March 14, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

For this meeting, I will be bringing in the Amiga CDTV with a few choice discs to run and the MCC-216 (Multiple Classic Computer) with its Amiga and C64 emulations. We'll look at the newest C64 SwinSID (which boasts greater compatibility than ever before) and the MMC64 cartridge. Of course, we'll have a SX-64, Plus/4, and VIC-20 with which to try out various programs.

Discussion will center around the Maker Faire coming this May to the Bay Area. At Maker Faire, there is the Nostalgic Computers table to show off Commodore and Amiga for three days to tens of thousands of people.

Bring anything you'd like to share at the meeting!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, March 15

Post by rbernardo »

Happy Spring Break, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, March 15 at --

Fresno, California

This month we discuss Commodore/Amiga at the upcoming events -- the Vintage Computer Festival East in April, Maker Faire 2015 in May, the Commodore Vegas Expo v11 in mid-July, and the Amiga 30th Anniversary at the Computer History Museum in late-July.

On the presentation side of the meeting we concentrate on the Commodore 128, looking at following items -- Graphic Booster 128, Fast Hack'em 128, CP/m Kit (with its version of Chess), D128it, Star Painter 128, Spraypaint 128, Loadstar 128, GEOS 128, and Wheels 128. If the programs handle it, they'll be going through a SuperCPU 128. Too much, you say? You're right! Any items not covered at this meeting will be covered at the May meeting.

Of course, we'll have a VIC-20, Plus/4, and even an Amiga 3000 at the meeting, just in case you need more than the C128. :)

Celebrating 30 years of the C128,
Robert Bernardo
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 -
http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, April 19

Post by rbernardo »

Happy tax season, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 1+ p.m., Sunday, April 19 at --

Fresno, California

Last month we had an ambitious agenda, and we didn't get to everything. This month let's see how much we can do; with emphasis on the Commodore 128, we still have to look over Graphic Booster 128, D128it, Star Painter 128, Spraypaint 128, Loadstar 128, and of course, GEOS 128 and Wheels 128.

Add to the mix, Reset magazine #6 with C64 coverdisk, Jump Jet for the C64, MMC64 with MP3@C64, Contact 1.0 for the VIC-20, and Flight Simulator II for the Amiga, and once again we have more than one meeting can hold!

Discussion will center around the May 2 Atari Party (will C= be there?!), the May 15-17 Maker Faire 2015 (C= will be there), the July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11, and the July 25 Amiga 30th Anniversary at the Computer History Museum.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, May 23

Post by rbernardo »

Happy month of May, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, May 23, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

For this meeting, the MCC-216 (Multiple Classic Computer) will return with its Amiga, C64, Atari 2600, and Spectrum emulations. The Amiga 3000 also returns with its OS 3.1, 4 gig SCSI hard drive, and ZorRAM board which gives an extra 256 megs of Fast RAM. On the C64 side, we'll look at MMC64 cartridge with MP3@64 board. For the VIC-20, we'll try out the 2015 games, Knossoss and Scrap Yard Scrapes. For the Plus/4, we'll try out newly-released PetDraw.

We'll discuss Maker Faire which took place last weekend, the upcoming Commodore Vegas Expo with special guests, Leonard Tramiel, Bil Herd, and Mike Battilana; and the upcoming Amiga 30th Anniversary celebration.

Bring anything you'd like to share to the meeting!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, May 24

Post by rbernardo »

Happy month of May, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, May 24 at --

Fresno, California

Once again we'll discuss the July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo, now with the addition of special guests Leonard Tramiel, son of CBM's Jack Tramiel; and Mike Battilana of Cloanto's C64 Forever and Amiga Forever. Also we'll discuss last weekend's Maker Faire 2015 and the July 25-26 Amiga 30th Anniversary celebration in California. I'll provide a brief report on Commodore and Amiga at Maker Faire, along with pictures and a short video.

For the third month in a row, we continue our celebration of the 30th anniversary of the C128. We'll look at some C128 and C64 video from the classic Computer Chronicles television show. Then we'll look through Basic 8 and IPaint C128 graphics, courtesy of the GEnie Commodore File Library at CBMFiles.com. Not forgetting Geopaint 128 graphics, we'll boot up Geopaint 128 to look at its abilities.

In other business, we'll listen to MP3 music streaming from the MP3@C64 module on the MMC64 cartridge. We'll play with the Amiga CDTV and games Wrath of the Demon, Lemmings, and Defender of the Crown II. Member Vincent will bring his VIC-20 (I hope), and I'll bring Peter Hanson's expanded Plus/4 again.

Commodore life is good,
Robert Bernardo
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 2015
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, June 14

Post by rbernardo »

Happy hot weather, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, June 14 at --

Fresno, California

Note the date change of our meeting, instead of the usual third Sunday of the month.

This month we'll talk about the June 20 Back In Time Live concert of C64 music, the June 27 Amiga 30 in Amsterdam, and of course, the July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo (all the latest news). For the fourth month in a row, we continue our celebration of the 30th anniversary of the C128. We'll try out some C128 games, courtesy of the GEnie Commodore File Library at CBMFiles.com. We'll watch the new YouTube interview of Bil Herd, the lead engineer of the C128 and Plus/4 (I must not repeat any of those interview questions when Bil shows up at CommVEx!).

V.P. Roger will show us his latest findings on the MMC64 cartridge with MP@64 board. For our VIC-20 fans, there will be the mostly-finished games, Blazer and Galaxy Renegade (for 24K). For our Plus/4 fans, there will be the newish game, Mr. Angry Dude. And in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Amiga, I'll bring in the Amiga 1000 with 512K of Chip RAM and 2 megs of Fast RAM.

On summer vacation,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, July 11

Post by rbernardo »

Happy month of July, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, July 11, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

It's almost time for the Commodore Vegas Expo, and talk will center around the July 18-19 show! We'll discuss the members' plans for attending and/or presenting at CommVEx.

On the hardware side, we'll look at some new items - the BenQ BL912 VGA monitor which is compatible with Amiga, the Amiga VGA adapter from Pavel, and from KMTech.co.uk -- the Gotek Extension Board for Amiga, the USB-to-Amiga mouse converter, and the Cyclone RX Playstation controller adapter for Amiga/Commodore. We'll even have new C64 disk games from Psytronik/Binary Zone PD and the music CD's -- Paula Agnus Denise: the Best of Amiga/CD32 Video Game Music and the Shadow of the Beast Remix Album.

As usual, we'll have our go-to equipment to test out all this stuff -- the Amiga 3000, the SX-64, the VIC-20, and the Plus/4.

Bring anything else you'd like to share to the meeting!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, July 12

Post by rbernardo »

Happy July, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, July 12 at --

Fresno, California

This month CommVEx is the big topic, and we'll nail down the last details of what we should bring and of what we should present/exhibit (PET, VIC-20, Plus/4, C64, C128, B128, and Amiga). Also we'll see some video clips I shot of the Back in Time Live 2015 Commodore/Amiga music concert held in Brighton, England, and of the Amiga 30th celebration held in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Speaking of the CommVEx, we're going to try to create a CommVEx demo the easy way by using Extreme Demo Maker (C64), WOD Demo Maker (C64), or perhaps even Magicwriter (C128). (Ah, Amiga Demo Maker will have to wait for another time.)

For the fifth month in a row, we celebrate the C128's 30th anniversary by checking out more C128 programs from the GEnie Commodore File Library at CBMFiles.com. This time we'll try out a few educational programs, like The Hunter (a hunting test!), Morse Code Tutor, and Typing Tutor III.

Finally, we'll play with the new Psytronik/Binary Zone C64 games, Rocket Smash EX, Kung Fu Maniacs Trilogy, Gravitrix, and X-Force with bonus games, Dark Force and Mutilator.

Too much C= goodness,
Robert Bernardo
July 18-19 Commodore Vegas Expo v11 2015 -
rbernardo

Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, August 16

Post by rbernardo »

Happy beginning of school, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2+ p.m., Sunday, August 16 at --

Fresno, California
(559) 227-1686

This month we'll review this year's the Commodore Vegas Expo, including watching some raw video footage from the show, and we'll discuss the bigger, better, badder CommVEx for next year.

In our hardware and software presentations, we'll try out the new Mini Commodore VIC-20 Ram Expander (32K), along with the new Boray Gammon game and the new Pluto demo. For the Plus/4, we'll view the artsy pictures from Botticelli Bilderdisk 40, and if I can find the PAL Plus/4 (but not the Peter Hanson seriously-modded Pal Plus/4), we'll install cooler-running, less power-hungry EPROMs for the old Kernal, BASIC, and 3+1 ROMs. In Amiga, the CDTV returns with black CD-1253 mouse, CDTV keyboard, floppy disk drive (but not the black CD-1411 disk drive which is somewhere in storage), and a variety of games.

Back at work,
Robert Bernardo

P.S. A rare Amiga cousin is being brought in, too. Prepare to take photos!
rbernardo

Next SCCAN meeting - Saturday, Sept. 19

Post by rbernardo »

Happy hot month of September, C= and Ami comrades!

The next meeting of the Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network is Saturday, Sept. 19, from 2 to 4+ p.m. at

Panera Bread Restaurant
19662 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California
(818) 407-9400

We are still coming down from the highs of the Commodore Vegas Expo and the Amiga 30th anniversary in California, and so, talk will center around that. Upcoming on the schedule is the Amiwest Show on October 17-18, and we'll discuss that, too.

For your perusal, we'll look at the latest Cloanto products, C64 Forever and Amiga Forever. The Amiga 1200, the Amiga 3000, the SX-64, the VIC-20, and the Plus/4 will also be there at the meeting.

Bring anything else you wish to share!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo